[Eug-lug] shell evilness

Patrick R. Wade prwade at oip.net
Thu Jul 6 11:37:40 PDT 2006

larry price wrote:

> the disappearance of the -v option from other forms of date seems
> counterproductive.

Well, of course!  It's GNU, it needs to be gratuitously different!  Like
the lack of the -o option in ls to display filesystem flags, one of my
favorite GNU deletions!

--
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], 'Pray,
Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right