[Eug-lug] Configuring sudo to allow one command without a password

Martin Kelly aomighty at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 18:00:27 PDT 2006

I'm trying to set up sudo so that I can do the following command:

/etc/init.d/networking restart

without a password. The reason is that I have to restart it fairly late
in the boot cycle (past S101 in /etc/rcS.d) to get the wireless on my
laptop working correctly.

Anyway, my current sudoers line for sudo is like this:

martin   ALL=(ALL) ALL

So that I can use sudo with the root password. I'd like it to stay the
same except to allow the above command without a password.

Thanks!