[Eug-lug] XP Pro anyone?

T. Joseph Carter knghtbrd at bluecherry.net
Sat Jul 22 15:39:52 PDT 2006

On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 10:30:02AM -0700, Bob Crandell wrote:
> Have you noticed how hard it to keep a secret in this burg?  But since
> it's out I might as well set the record straight.  ComputerBase was
> bought by a larger company.  Assured Computing has 5 employees.  That
> makes it larger.  Assured is incorporated so you can say ComputerBase
> was bought out by a corporation.
>
> Mike and Michael did a great job putting together ComputerBase.  I have
> seen some good companies fail just because new owners implemented their
> "good ideas".  I'm working real hard at not changing the way
> ComputerBase runs.  Same great service (thanks for the compliments) same
> great parts (well, maybe a little better).

Bob, I gotta say I miss Computerbase.  Honestly, I have an easily
reachable CompUSA near here, but I'd trade it and the Best Buy down the
road from it for a ComputerBase any day of the week.  If I walk into
CompUSA in a t-shirt, you can be sure the employees will walk right past
me every time to talk to the person who looks like they belong in suburbia
who wants to buy a $30 mouse because they look like they have more money
to spend.

I walked out of there after the third such employee walked right past me
to talk to someone else.  They lost the sale and my business.  I ordered
stuff on Newegg instead.  It'll take longer to get here, but I probably
saved $300 in lower prices and avoided sales tax, even after shipping.

I was never disappointed by the service at ComputerBase, even if I was
just going in for a switch or something.  Customer service at big chain
stores is just depressing.

> If you haven't been there stop by for a visit.  We are at 4770 Village
> Plaza Loop Suite D.  That's on Goodpasture Island Road across the street
> from where K-Mart used to be.  Kendall put another car lot there.

Unfortunately it's now a much longer bus ride than it used to be.  ;)