[Eug-lug] The Future of EUGLUG...laissez faire

Brian Gallagher baggab at pacinfo.com
Wed Jul 26 03:38:12 PDT 2006

I have an art project that has to be completed by August 28, but, yes I
will help after that.  We might as well get started defining the scope
of the project.  Here are a few points I would make:

1) I have asked the ELUG to maintain a sub-group mailing list
computerarts at euglug.org we may want to talk there.  I think you will see
that this is more of a design project.  I like to talk in a more verbose
manner, less linear, this helps ease the technical discussion.

2) Used computer parts are prone to maintenance issues.  I imagine that
these kiosks would be used by local companies, probably non-profits, who
wouldn't mind the issues if they can get their message out more
effectively.  This may simply be a one-of-a-kind design and therefore
you are leading the design process.

3) I am not the Linux guru, that others in this group are, I am involved
with the art end of Linux use.  I think we can muddle through and I
wouldn't get involved if I thought otherwise.  I  am getting  involved
because your positive reputation proceeds you Lorraine.  I have followed
your development for over six years, since I was a computer recycler at
Goodwill here in Eugene.

4) Touch screens are hard to come by, so this will be a more basic
design.  I like the things I create to be as professional as possible,
within time constraints.  I hope you do too.  Lets here what you have in
mind for your CRRC kiosk message!