[Eug-lug] Ubuntu

Jim Darrough jdarrough at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 08:48:37 PDT 2006

Ed, I installed Ubuntu and am impressed with it very much. It detected
everything and updated itself with no errors. I added a few games
without difficulty, and in fact plan to use it on my next machine. I am
hoping to get a dual core Intel 950-d based box too.

The only problem I have had it that the dvd reader does not detect dvd
disks that were created by myself. I have not tried to read commercial
movies as yet. I suspect it's because I have a very old 16x DVD reader
and with some searching I could probably find a driver for it. I think
though that I will get a new DVD reader-writer and replace the reader
since they are getting so inexpensive.

I can burn you a Ubuntu disk. Let me know which one, and I will try to
drop one off on my way home. I work at OSU and am in town around 6:10
pm, so if you could meet me at, say, Gateway Mall (I leave way out east
in Springfield) that would be nice.

Regards, Jim Darrough