[Eug-lug] Webpage won't display images...

Matthew Jarvis mattj at bikefriday.com
Fri Jul 7 13:22:33 PDT 2006

Martin Kelly wrote:
> The other thing to try would be linking to an external image, say, the
> google logo. If that shows up, it's a good sign and suggests your
> problem is with your server configuration or relative/absolute URLs.
>
> You can also try viewing the image properties in the browser and see
> what it says the path to the image is... if it is correct (it will be an
> absolute path) then you know it's a permissions problem. If it's
> incorrect, you can see in what way it's incorrect and modify to suit.

Success....

Following Rob's suggestion I went into the Info tab for the page,
noticed that although the other images had info and thumbnails, my new
ones did not and showed 0x0 px in size...

I had used command line ftp to send them up and in the past haven't had
to switch modes, but I just did a resend in binary mode and it seems to
work now.

mj

Matthew S. Jarvis
IT Manager