[Eug-lug] Nike-iPod Hack Search - Shoes for Industry, ..and make $$$!

Harald Sundt h_sundt at mailhost.efn.org
Wed Jul 19 12:24:42 PDT 2006

I have a brain-wave but I am not a geek. But bear with me.

I have been a CNA and a Nursing Aide for 10 years. Now semi-retired.

I see this new NEXT NEW THING in which by buying nike shoes and a
Nama iPod one can input pace and such data into iPod.

That does not move me. But examining this Gizom in Eugen, (yes, The
Nike store), I wondered....

#1.) The sensor-transmitter is a disc you place in a special pouch in
the bottom of a Nike shoe.... why not just knife a slot in any old
shoe and stick it in?

#2.) This receiver plugs into an iPod Nana,... why not any iPod, like
the 5th Generation iPod?

#3.) I could care less how far skinny people run, as long as they run
away, BUT, here's my brain wave...

... I have a watch and an arm band yuppy training kit that transmits

Pulse
Temperature and
Blood Pressure

from the armband thing to the watch thing.

Why not have this really useful information (called vital signs) go
to the iPod as a recorded data stream?

Nurses and Nursing Aides and people who need to work out for health
rather than mating display could be a HUGE market for such a system.
I would use it. It could be a mobile Aerobic Level monitor no matter
what you are doing.

We could call it,  ta dah:    the IGym!

Hal

--
This human life,
like a butterlamp set out in the wind -

Jikdel Yeshe Dorje - The 2nd Dudjom Rinpoche