[Eug-lug] Nike-iPod Hack Search - Shoes for Industry, ..and make $$$!

Ben Barrett stircrazyben at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 12:48:45 PDT 2006

RIght on!  Some folks record these on a PocketPC or Palm... but I there are
clear business reasons why Nike doesn't want their sensor in other brands of
shoes :)  It'd be a great 3rd-party product, of course.  Why an iPod?  Also,
why wired?  If you say jog or bike with a group of folks, one person could
collect wireless data for the group even, including GPS, using class3
bluetooth or similar PAN.
By correlating evelation & velocity with vitals you can make much more sense
of it...
And why just for exercise and training?  Armed forces use similar... child &
elderly care should too!
Let me know if I can get in on this money-making gig ;)

    Ben