[Eug-lug] OpenOffice Writer what is the max number of Pages & Graphic load?

Mike Cherba mike.cherba at caviumnetworks.com
Fri Jul 21 09:52:20 PDT 2006

Harald,
	What is the total file size of the saved Writer Document?  That should
give a good idea of the possibilities as to what is going wrong.  One
question, How long did you let your save to .pdf run for?  For a file
that size I could see it taking quite a while.  I don't think you have
passed a "safe" file limit.  But you may have reached a size where
a .opdf export takes a VERY long time.  I'd almost suggest trying the
following.  Start the .pdf export at ~10:00PM.  Go to bed.  Check in the
morning for your .pdf file.  I have known of files that have taken
OpenOffice >1.5 hours to "save as .pdf".
			-Mike

The object-oriented model makes it easy to build up programs by
accretion. What this often means, in practice, is that it provides a
structured way to write spaghetti code. --- Paul Graham