[Eug-lug] OpenOffice Writer what is the max number of Pages & Graphic load?

horst horsu at freeshell.ORG
Fri Jul 21 11:46:21 PDT 2006

I don't have a specific answer to your specific question (I don't know the
answer)

But as a general tip to see how certain applications max out your
resources I suggest to run 'top' in another terminal. It also shows your
swap usage; if you are interested in other output parameters the man pages
will tell you.
  To see how performance scales with file size I'd duplicate(or reduce) the
text size and see if there is a non-linear behavior, and how far you are
away from any unacceptable bottle neck (if there is such).

Doing a google on
  Open Office Writer large .pdf files
  Open Office Writer .pdf memory limitation
Didn't show anything obvious on the 1st page of hits.
(I was hoping to see if there is some OO config stuff you could tweak)

Maybe interesting:
  http://software.newsforge.com/software/05/06/14/2137222.shtml?tid=152&tid=93

  - Horst