[Eug-lug] Server error as of 08:23:00, 07/28/06

Ben Barrett stircrazyben at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 17:39:04 PDT 2006

The linux model of the linksys 54G router, which is nigh impossible to find
at a brick-n-mortar store, runs linux and is Open to customization... there
are nice normal-like GUI management packages for it from what I've seen, but
you can also SSH into it and change iptables, setup OpenVPN or whatnot, and
all sorts of lovely hackery.  I run a stock linksys, and am waiting to get a
2nd device since I am convinced I'll find a way to brick one I'm working on
(do NOT upgrade firmware over wireless, heed all warnings and you should be
fine, heh) so I need something reliable while I fork around with the spare
:)
There are also a number of other models which have upgradable/hackable
firmware, which is a nice idea.  Embedded devices (COTS or otherwise) save
on the EWEB bill and tend to work pretty well...

    Ben