[Eug-lug] OpenOffice Document - Linux <---> Mac OS X file exchange Heads Up

Dwight Hubbard dwight.hubbard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 17:29:40 PDT 2006

Unless you reformatted the flash drive, very likely the filesystem was fat
or vfat and the files did not contain any ownership or permissions because
the filesystem does not support it.

When a fat/vfat filesystem is mounted on Linux it normally defaults the
ownership to root unless different uid/gid is specified in the mount
command...