[Eug-lug] Linux- Mac OS X file exchange: This sounds right

Harald Sundt h_sundt at mailhost.efn.org
Mon Jul 31 20:44:50 PDT 2006

[Eug-lug]  Linux- Mac OS X file exchange: This sounds right,

The =C2ac OS X is innocent.....

>Unless you reformatted the flash drive, very =

>likely the filesystem was fat or vfat and the =

>files did not contain any ownership or =

>permissions because the filesystem does not =

>support it.
>
>When a fat/vfat filesystem is mounted on Linux =

>it normally defaults the ownership to root =

>unless different uid/gid is specified in the =

>mount command...
>
>On 7/31/06, T. Joseph Carter =

><<mailto:knghtbrd at bluecherry.net>knghtbrd at bluecherry.net> =

>wrote:

-- =

This human life,
like a butterlamp set out in the wind -
It might last a long time or it might not.
Not letting ego's hold tighten further,
May I truly practice the sublime teachings.

Jikdel Yeshe Dorje - The 2nd Dudjom Rinpoche